The president of the Minnesota Association of Educational Office Professionals shall preside at all meetings of the association and of the executive board, may call special meetings, shall appoint committee chairpersons, shall be an ex-officio member of all committees and shall be notified of all meetings of committees, and shall perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office. S/he shall:
- Study the bylaws, general instructions and procedures of the office of president, and read the past year’s secretary’s minute book and annual reports of officers and committee chairpersons
- Act as the official spokesperson of the association in local, civic and professional activities of a general nature or if necessary appoint a substitute
- Exercise general supervision over all officers and activities of the association
- In advance of the annual meeting of the association, recommend candidates for committee chairpersons for board approval
- Notify a chairperson in writing of appointment prior to the annual conference so members can meet and exchange ideas and materials tor coming year
- At the first executive board meeting of year, present for approval tentative annual schedule of meetings
- Agenda should be prepared prior to each meeting to ensure full coverage of necessary business
- Appoint standing and special committee chairs and recommend a state director to National Association of Educational Office Professionals (NAEOP)
- Properly approve and sign all written orders in which treasurer disburses funds
- Contribute article for each issue of newsletter
- Prepare annual report summarizing accomplishments of association, activities of current year, and recommendations for future
- Distribute materials for association to appropriate directors. Secure approval with employer to take time during working hours to perform special association responsibilities
Term of Office
The president shall serve a one-year term.
The president may select specific individual(s) to receive the Presidential Award. This award will be presented at an annual meeting, with approval of the executive board. Presentation of the award to the executive board shall be made by the president with endorsement by the Immediate past president and the president-elect. This award shall be given for significant service to MAEOP by a member.